Search This Blog
- It’s National #DrugFacts Week!
- Seeking to Reopen Pipelines to New Treatments
- The Art of Losing: Alzheimer’s Awareness in Still Alice
- NIH and Center for Advancing Innovation Launch Neuro Start-Up Challenge
- Dana Newsletter: December
- Dana’s Design a Brain Experiment Competition Is Back!
- Teen Drug Use Down: National Study
- Valerie Purdie-Vaughns on Stereotype Threat and the Brain
- My Tweets
CategoriesAlzheimer's disease Arts Education behavior Books Brain Awareness Week Brain Game brain injury Brain Oddities children Consciousness Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives Dana publications Events From the Archives Grants Immunology interview Journals - BrainWork Journals - Cerebrum Media memory mental health Neuroeducation Neuroethics News Parkinson's disease Society for Neuroscience Staying Sharp Uncategorized Web author: Special Guests
Category Archives: Parkinson’s disease
This morning, the Lasker Foundation announced that two scientists, one a European Dana Alliance member and the other a Dana Alliance member, will share the 2014 Lasker~DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award. The award recognizes the work of Alim Louis Benabid … Continue reading
This Saturday in New York City, the New York Academy of Medicine is holding its daylong Performing Medicine Festival. The wide assortment of events include a creative blend of music, dance, and storytelling, with lessons about diseases and disorders. From … Continue reading
Mahlon DeLong, a Dana Alliance member, won a $3 million prize for defining the interlocking circuits in the brain that malfunction in Parkinson’s disease.
A new story on using varied forms of brain stimulation to ease symptoms of Parkinson’s and of depression builds on earlier work.