This week and next, SpotOn is publishing a series of blogs on how to use social media for science outreach. Each day will look at a different set of themed case studies, submitted by scientists and science communicators.
According to the SpotOn website, the schedule is:
- Tuesday: multimedia projects–using tools such as podcasts, videos, G+
hangouts and tumblr
- Wednesday: blogging for a research institution or other science organization
- Thursday: blogging and using social media as an individual scientist
- Friday: using Twitter–at conferences, for journal clubs and more
- Monday: one-off social media
activities–such as raising awareness of another project
SpotOn is a series of community events hosted by Nature Publishing Group for the discussion of how science is carried out and communicated online.
– Ann L. Whitman