In Conjunction with Rep. Chaka Fattah
The increase in diagnoses of children with special needs has presented unique challenges in their education and development. What are leading scientists working on to confront these challenges? Come join the discussion and listen to three leading experts in the field discuss their work on educating children with special needs.
- Damien Fair, PA-C, PhD, Assistant Professor, Behavioral Neuroscience and Psychiatry at the Oregon Health & Science University
- Martha Denckla, M.D., Professor of Neurology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Director of Developmental Cognitive Neurology at the Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Sally E. Shaywitz, D., Audrey G. Ratner Professor in Learning Development at Yale University and Co-Director of the Yale Center for Dyslexia and Creativity
- Remarks: The Honorable Chaka Fattah (D-PA)
- Moderator: Sean Gallagher, AAAS
For questions, please contact Sean Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AAAS is a non-profit, non-partisan organization. Since it was founded in 1848, AAAS has been dedicated to the advancement of scientific knowledge for the good of society as a whole. www.aaas.org. The Dana Foundation is a private philanthropic organization that supports brain research through grants and educates the public about the successes and potential of brain research. www.dana.org